Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Prose Poem (#4)

I Awoke in My Car

Today I awoke in my car; it just gets worse each day.
I isolate myself from this reality as they more or less are cigarette smokers, alcoholics, marijuana smokers, and heroin users. I saw a policeman listening to rap in his police car while he was on duty. What else should I expect? Police officers are just in a business. There's no safety about them. Antagonistic personalities tend to aim towards that goal in life. They pull you over for nothing and I stay quiet because I am afraid of their prevailing weapon. Licensed to kill and write you tickets to the state's benefit. A police officer shot and killed a student in my graduating class in Denville, NJ.

Anyway, I guess the homeless sleep in their cars, but I feel sanctified nonetheless. I cannot wake up anymore for anything.

She tells me to wake up, "Find what you want to do and then do it."
What about the money? I am not that divine anymore. I don't feel useful at all. Please stay away from me you awful humans. Go spend your money to die. Go spend your money at the mall. Go do something cliche.
I'm not really here. I can't be alive. I can't really be who I am. Maybe I'm already dead?
I woke up in my car, nude.

2 comments:

  1. Hey. Good job here. Though I'd place "Awoke in my Car" on the short story--short short story--side of the ledger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. this is awesome! i love how you end with i woke up in my car, nude. and how your subconcious just flowed from brain to mouth to paper.. yet, it flows so greatly together. awesome job.

    ReplyDelete